Weather Archive

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

GET YOUR OWN PERSONAL WEEKEND FORECAST

So I came up with an idea that we have been trying out since last week on the 7 pm ABC 25 weather segments.  It is a fun way to interact with viewers.  This is how it works: I ask people to call in if they want me to give them a personal weekend forecast for a community event or their outdoor activity.  This has been a big hit!   People call the station and our producer picks someone for me to talk with on the air right after my full weathercast.   I find out what they are doing for the weekend and make a personalized weather graphic with the forecast.   At the end of the show they get a detailed analysis of what the weather should be like for their event.
I have always wondered who is watching during the news and this is a great way for me to get to talk with our First Coast News viewers.

No comments: